Monday, December 21, 2015

Social Media Stalking



Far back in the 90’s or 80’s there was nothing like Facebook ,Twitter or even email addresses for most Nigerian youths but in present times everyone in Nigeria has a social media account and even if it’s hardly in use. For those who put them into good use and are very socially media active it’s their second nature to post pictures, events, make use of hash tags and also post their relationship status.
Relationships which brings me into my actual topic ‘Social Media Stalking’. Why do we stalk people on social media? Before I go further let me state that I don’t why it’s done but I like to tag myself as a positive social media stalker as I have people that I stalk on social media but have positive influence on me and have learnt so much from the like of bloggers like SisiYemmie, Linda Ikeji and also twitter handles like Editi EffiongOre Fakorede these are just a few (now you guys know that you have a stalker).
Am always surprised when I meet someone a day before and the next day I login to my Facebook account and find a new request man!! I didn’t even say I was active there. Is this act always on impulse and also a style of stalking?
I encourage social media stalking but it has to be done positively you don’t go and add every tom, dick and harry to increase your stats it really is not worth it. I for one on my twitter account am not bothered by the number of my followers. I follow people I learn from and people who are crazy funny and people who inspire you just by tweeting so much brain….

Drop your comments below and let me know your views on Social Media Stalking and if you are guilty as charged.

Article by ME (Oluwadamilola Omotunde)J
Software Engineer at day Budding blogger for a little while more.




No comments:

Post a Comment