Sunday, October 11, 2015

How 28 year old Michelle Phan Built A $500 million company

Hey Guys!!!

I was browsing as usual once a again and found this inspiring story on the Forbes on how 28 year old Michelle Phan was able to build a 500 million company through YouTube by posting MakeUp tutorials online for her numerous followers.
Michelle Phan (L) and Kelly Osbourne (R) on stage at Forbes' Under 30 Summit in Philadelphia (Photo credit: Mehrunnisa Wani)
Michelle Phan (L) and Kelly Osbourne (R) on stage at Forbes’ Under 30 Summit in PhiladelphiaMichelle Phan (L) and Kelly Osbourne (R) on stage at Forbes’ Under 30 Summit in Philadelphia (Photo Credit: Forbes.com)
Here's what she had to say;

“I didn’t have a roadmap, I just did it because it was meaningful to me and I wanted to disrupt the beauty industry,” said Phan, 28, speaking to an auditorium full of 1,500-plus high-achieving millennials at Forbes’ second annual 30 Under 30 summit in Philadelphia.

Phan, who began posting YouTube makeup tutorials eight years ago, swiftly grew a following which now exceeds 8 million subscribers.

“I thought, if [YouTube] is going to be the global television of the future, I need to build my brand here,” said Phan, who uploaded her first video, a natural makeup tutorial, from a humble grainy webcam in 2007. “Within the first week, 40,000 people watched it and hundreds of comments came in and that’s when I realized I’d found my calling.”

Phan had this to say “Influence is the new power–if you have influence you can create a brand,”

Here's one her YouTube videos that sums her life story till date I assume.But entirely I found her story inspiring.






Keep in touch and post your comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment